Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions are applicable to any works completed by Clipper Landscaping and Garden Services. This includes any quoted work, amendments and modifications.
Clipper Reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
Last updated May 2019
1. Scope of work
1.1 Boundary lines, cables and pipes
The customer is to indicate the boundary lines, underground cables and pipes before work commences and the quote is drawn up on this assumption.
Clipper accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or future disputes, which the customer may have with the owner(s) of neighbouring properties or other parties as a result of works which it carries out on or within the boundaries, cables or pipes that the client has indicated to us.
1.2 Planning permissions
The customer is solely responsible for obtaining any planning permission required, including the preparation and submission to the local authority of any necessary applications.
Clipper takes no responsibility for losses or damages incurred as a result of failed planning permission or the customer requiring planning permission in retrospect
Clipper will not undertake any works without the relevant planning permissions.
The scope of work included in the quote is based upon the existing site at the time of viewing.
The quote will itemise all work proposed
1.4 Waste Removal
- Waste removal price is estimated based on the initial viewing and scope of the project.
- Waste removal is charged by weight and therefore an approximation and subject to change.
- In the event Clipper anticipates waste removal costs to exceed the price quoted. Clipper will dispose of waste up to the value quoted. The customer has the option for Clipper to remove remaining waste for an agreed additional charge or dispose of the waste themselves.
- Unless specified, waste removal is not included in the quote and waste removal becomes the responsibility of the customer.
- In the event the waste removal is not agreed. Clipper will bag up waste and leave it in a suitable and safe place. If the customer requires waste to be put in a specific place (a trailer, garage or part of the garden etc) a request should be put in writing before work commences
1.5 Times scales
Clipper endeavours to keep to agreed time scales for the start and completion of projects. However, due to weather and unforeseen circumstance keeping to exact dates can be beyond our control. Customers will be informed of delays if they arise.
All quotations are valid for 30 days and may be subject to alterations after that date.
The quotation is the best estimation of price based upon the existing site and layout at the time of viewing.
Acceptance of the quote is an acceptance of the terms and conditions.
To accept the quote either print, sign and return or click the accept button in the link given in your email .
A start day will not be given until the quotation is signed or accepted via the link in the email.
Only the work described in the quotation is included; the supply of any other materials, waste removal, modifications to the scope or labour costs to carry out such works other than stated within the quotation is excluded.
Please insure the dimensions given, the design and structures meet your requirements. Additional cost may be incurred to make any amendments if additional materials, labour or waste is required.
Any alteration, modification or extras beyond the work specified in the quotation may be liable for an additional cost, which will be agreed by both parties prior to being undertaken.
No allowance is made in the quotation for any extra work required due to unknown, hidden or underground features. This may be liable for additional costs.
Clipper reserves the right to request the customer to consider increasing the value of the quote should the date for completion of the quote become impossible to attain for reasons wholly or partly beyond its control.
Clipper recommends the customer set aside a contingency sum to cover any unforeseen circumstances which may increase the value of the quote for reasons beyond the control of Clipper.
3. Payment and Deposit Terms
The customer accepts that he/she will pay Clipper the full sum of the quotation.
- The deposit is due in clear funds at least 7 working days before work commences.
- Clipper reserves the right to defer start dates until funds are cleared.
- For works expecting to last longer than 1 week. Customers will make staged payments.
- For works expected to last less than 1 week. Customers will be invoiced on completion. Deposit terms still apply.
‘Booking in’ deposit for large projects
- Clipper reserve the right to take a booking in deposit for works expected to last longer than 1 month.
- On receipt of the booking in deposit a date will be scheduled
- The booking in deposit will be deducted from the standard deposit which is due in clear funds at least 7 working days before work commences.
- The booking in deposit is non-refundable if the contract is cancelled outside of the 14-day cooling off period.
Unless prior arrangement is made, payment is due immediately on receipt of invoice.
Preferred payment method is a bank transfer (details will be highlight on the quote).
However, cheque and cash are also acceptable.
3.5 Late Payments
Clipper reserve the right to cease work and remove materials from site if payment is not made within 7 days of receipt.
Our collections process will begin after 30 days which may result in recovery costs and interest being added to the original sum. A formal letter will be sent informing you of the process if this occurs.
For a standard deposit, customers are only required to make a deposit 7 day before work commences. If a customer chooses to cancel with unreasonably short notice a deposit refund will be given less any reasonable costs to cover any losses Clipper has incurred.
- Labour costs if alternative work cannot be arranged at short notice
- Any labour cost already incurred
- Any administration fees
- Any materials costs such as re stocking fees.
When a booking in deposit is paid, it is non-refundable if the contract is cancelled outside of the 14-day cooling off period.
4.During the contract
4.1 The customer must provide reasonable access to site for the duration of the contract.
4.2 The customer is responsible for providing access to water and electricity at no additional cost to Clipper.
Materials delivered to site become the responsibility of the customers. Clipper accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or expense after delivery of materials to site.
All materials on site remain the property of Clipper until completion of the project and final payments have been made.
Any accidental or malicious damage caused by the customer, their children, pets or any third party during the course of the construction may incur an additional repair charge.
4.5 All materials and machinery left on site during works become the customer’s responsibility once employees have left the site at the end of the working day.
Daily progress meeting
- During the process of the contact we will endeavour to liaise with you daily regarding the progress made.
- It is important that someone who is authorised to make decisions regarding the contract is available. A mutually agreed time can be arranged.
- Materials and products may show some colour and/or texture differences therefore, Clipper cannot guarantee supplied materials are exact representations of any samples provided or any examples depicted in catalogues or suppliers’ websites.
- Please ensure any materials have been checked before they are installed.
- After construction is underway additional cost will be incurred to change or modify the product.
- If a particular variety (i.e. species or material) is not available a suitable substitute will be selected.
Aesthetics, structures and finishes
- Any structural or appearance of finished features is at the discretion of the Clipper, unless agreed in writing by the customer prior to the start of works
- It is important that any concerned about any aesthetics, structures or finishes are monitored and reported to Clipper as soon as possible at the progress meetings.
- If any concerns are brought to our attention promptly action can be taken to make any minor adjustments before that part of the project is fully underway.
- Any major changes would require additional cost.
Clipper will advise the customer on maintenance of all works and materials to prolong the life of the materials/works for as long as possible.
After completion it becomes the customer’s responsibility to adhere to the advice given. Clipper accepts no liability for damages to any works incurred once we have left the site, except where damages have occurred due to bad workmanship.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure they make reasonable previsions to ensure the longevity of the product.
This includes appropriate use of the product, maintenance, cleaning and protection of the products to comply with the terms of the guarantee (item 6.)
5.3 Watering and maintenance of plants, trees and turf
All watering of plants, trees, shrubs and turf becomes the responsibility of the customer on completion.
Clipper cannot accept any responsibility for their survival once the contract has been completed. With the expectation of perennial plants and shrubs (item 6.1)
Clipper cannot be held responsible for the fading of colours due to efflorescence which is a natural condition producing very small white particles covering the surface of concrete products.
This condition is caused by having calcium hydroxide present as a soluble salt, which leaches to the surface and combines with carbon dioxide in the air to form calcium carbonate (chalk).
5.5 Protecting against weather damage
In extreme changes of weather conditions, certain plants and materials such as: terracotta, some natural stone and other paving can be affected, suffering damage if not protected.
The customer should take the necessary precautions to prevent damage as this is out Clipper’s control.
6.1 Perennial plants and shrubs 1yr
Clipper does not guarantee plants and shrubs that have been damaged
- by under or over watering
- through acts of nature
- through vehicle or pedestrian traffic
- through acts of vandalism
- by being tampered with or damaged by any works by others
- by insects or disease
Turf will be laid to a standard that providing the turf is maintained by the customer will thrive.
Clipper accept no responsibility for the following
- lack of watering/ over watering
- disease and insect infestations
- lack of maintenance
- Turf that has been damaged by foot traffic/ lack of light by covering or chemicals.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the health of the lawn after completion.
6.3 Landscaping materials and other products
Clipper will advise on the length of the manufactures/merchants’ warranties which are variable.
In the event of a dispute with a 3rd party product
- The manufacturer/supplier will be contacted and an investigation will take place.
- The customers will need to allow the manufacturer/supplier and Clipper to have access to the garden/site to assess the problem if required and allow a reasonable time frame to make the necessary enquires.
We will aim to respond with an outcome within 14 days once we have all the relevant information.
6.4 Hard landscaping workmanship 10 years
On completion we guarantee our workmanship for 10 years providing the customer has made reasonable previsions to ensure the longevity of the product. This includes appropriate maintenance, cleaning and protection of the products.
Repairs to wood products due to natural warping and splitting- 3 Months
- Wood is a natural product and is therefore susceptible to certain changes in an outdoor environment.
- Extremes of temperature or weather conditions will cause a reaction.
- Certain conditions may cause products to split, lose shape or warp. This is natural and in all but the most extreme cases, normal shape will be resumed. Clipper cannot be held responsible for the above taking place.
- Should any wooden structure such as fencing, gates or decking require attention due to such condition’s, adjustments may be chargeable after 3 months.
Pointing- 1 year
- Pointing is guaranteed for 1 year providing the damage has not been cause by extremes of weather, ground movements, jet washing, chemical damage or reasonable wear and tear.
- Damage by any activities or use which would be considered excessive of the integrity of the product. For example, placing a pool or hot tub on decking/patio without prior consultation and consideration in the product design to allow for these uses.
- Where lack of maintenance or repairs have compromised the integrity of the work. For example, failing to replace damaged pointing which causes water to channel underneath the paving/patio compromising the integrity of the structure.
- Water discolouration or disfigurement
- Erosion, ground movements, subsidence which could not be anticipated prior and during commencement of the work.
- Vandalism and abuse of the products.
- Any works carried out on the product or within the immediate area which effects the integrity of the product by anyone other than Clipper.
- Any damage caused by chemicals other than those specifically recommended by the manufacturer.
- Any damage caused by recommended chemicals which have not been administered correctly.
- Any damage caused by acts of nature such as freak weather.
- Material changes, such as staining, discolouring, efflorescence, cracking, and chipping and changes in shape that may occur naturally on wood, natural stone, concrete paving or brick after installation.
- Any wear and tear which would be normal for the age and uses of the product.
- Any damages, wear and tear and changes within the materials or the structure which are not due to poor workmanship.
7. Photography and videos
Clipper reserves the right to take photographs and videos during the initial quotation and throughout all stages of the project. This is to ensure:
- We can provide an accurate quotation
- For quality and control
- For training
- For disputes and complaint resolution
Without photographs we cannot undertake any works
No person and/or location will be identifiable
Clipper reserves the right to use some photographs and/or videos for advertising. If you do not consent to photographs and/or videos being used for advertising purposes, please put your preferences in writing before the project commences.